Today Elizabeth Craft Designs has a new release from Joset's Designs! To see the full release go here. For today's card I used the new Fitted and Stitched Hexagon Dies along with the Flamingo Dies. Below you will find the steps to replicate this card.
- Step 1 - Trim White Soft Finish Cardstock to 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, score at 4 1/2” and fold in half for a 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” horizontal side fold card (A2)
- Step 2 - Diecut Stitched Rectangles using Patterned Paper Thinking About...Grand Canyon. Adhere to front of card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 3 - Create a background using Distress Oxide Ink by applying ink directly to a craft mat and spray with water, dip White Soft Finish cardstock into the ink, heat set with a heat tool. Repeat this step until you reach the desired effect. I used Vintage Photo and Tattered Rose. Diecut Fitted Hexagons Die and adhere to center of card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 4 - Diecut Stitched Hexagons Die and Fitted Hexagon using Patterned Paper Butterfly Dreams to create a frame.
- Step 5 - On scrap paper apply Distress Oxide Ink using an ink applicator. I used colors Tattered Rose and Vintage Photo. Diecut Flamingo body to Tattered Rose, Flamingo eye and beak to lighter Tattered Rose and beak to Vintage Rose. assemble the pieces using Multi Medium. Adhere the Flamingos to the backside of the Hexagon Frame. Trim the excess. Add foam tape to the backside of the Hexagon Frame and Flamingos. Remove the release sheet and adhere to the card.
- Step 6 - Stamp Sentiments 2 - Just Because using Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
I hoped you enjoyed today’s card. This card can be used for any occasion by changing the sentiment and colors. Be sure to check out what the rest of the team did from Joset's new release by going here.